FFS Tech Conference processes data in order to:
- Communicate with attendees, sponsors, service providers and other interested parties
- We use personal data such as email address, twitter handle, and name information provided by you when you contact us directly
- Contact information has limited distribution amongst the organisers on an as-needed basis
- All emails and communications containing any such between the organisers are secure
- Understand popularity of proposals submitted via Twitter using the FFS/#FFSTechConf format
- We gather data via public Twitter APIs, which includes personal data you may have provided to Twitter, such as twitter handle, name, location, &c. Additionally, we use account data such as number of followers, and tweet data such as replies, likes, and retweets, in order to generate analysis for creating a programme. To understand what data may be available and the controls you have over its visibility please refer to Twitter’s privacy content
- We are providing diversity tickets via Diversity Tickets and their privacy statement can be found here. If you receive a ticket via that mechanism, they will share information with us such that we can identify you when you attend, such as your Name.
- We are using Mailchimp for a news communication list. This will not be provided to any conference sponsors and will only be used by the organisers to communicate with subscribers. The list will be retained after the event to provide recaps and transcriptions of the event, and to make any announcements regarding the future of the event and any donations that arise.
All this data is processed for the Legitimate Interests of the organisers creating and running the conference.
All data, whether personal or otherwise, is treated securely and appropriately encrypted in transport and at rest.
This website is hosted on Digital Ocean, and every effort has been made to not issue cookies or use tracking mechanisms. Digital Ocean, however, does use common internal mechanisms such as short-term IP logging to ensure privacy and protection, see the Digital Ocean privacy statement for more details. FFS Tech Conference Down Under has no access to this information.
Occasionally, posts may contain embedded content or links to other information that issue cookies and may use tracking technologies. All efforts are made to avoid, or at the very least, keep this to a minimum.
We do not use any captured data for mass marketing, nor do we sell or share your data for any purposes outside the legitimate needs to support the creation and operation of this conference, as described above.
All queries and requests should be addressed to email@example.com.